Please feel free to contact Trina Cummins our Director of Wellbeing & Positive Education about our programs and research. Trina has spoken on the topic of Wellbeing & Positive Education at numerous speaking events and is actively adding to the field of Positive Education research.
Trina Cummins, MEd – Director of Wellbeing & Positive Education
Trina Cummins is Director of Wellbeing & Positive Education at Wilderness School, Adelaide where she is a member of the Senior Leadership team and oversees Positive Education and Wellbeing across the whole school (ELC-12). She has a Masters of Educational Psychology and a Graduate Diploma of Education from University of South Australia, Bachelor of Arts–Psychology from Flinders University and a Professional Certificate in Education (Positive Education) from University of Melbourne. She has held leadership positions in other schools including Head of PBIS (Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports), Middle and High School Counsellor, and Behaviour Specialist (Special Education). In 2001 she was awarded the USA National Good Samaritan Award for her work with students. She also developed and taught a specialised learning program called “Learn Right” through Saturday Academy at Portland State University, Oregon.
- Wilderness is undertaking research regarding the wellbeing of students and how to implement Positive Education school wide. Work is being done in collaboration with leading experts in the field and universities.
- Wilderness is a member of the Positive Education Schools Association (PESA). The vision is PESA is to lead and promote the science of wellbeing and positive psychology, enabling all students, school and communities to flourish. http://www.pesa.edu.au/
- Feel free to look at the VIA website to learn about character strengths with the VIA Strengths Survey and profile. http://viacharacterblog.com/
- Mindfulness in Schools program, .b program, teaches students how to focus and pay attention and increase their awareness of what is happening in their lives. http://mindfulnessinschools.org/
- Kimochis is a character and social-emotional learning program. The goal of this program is to teach positive habits so that students can lead happy and successful lives. Kimochisuses toys with feelings and the curriculum is based on research that shows a strong social-emotional learning foundation is essential to academic and life success. http://www.kimochis.com.au/
- The Jubilee Centre is a pioneering interdisciplinary research centre focusing on character, virtue and values in the interest of human flourishing. The Centre is a leading informant on policy and practice in this area and through its extensive range of projects contributes to a renewal of character and values in both individuals and societies. http://www.jubileecentre.ac.uk/
- The Habits of Mind are dispositions that empower creative and critical thinking. Habits of Mind are performed in response to those questions and problems the answers to which are not immediately known. We are interested in observing how students produce knowledge rather than how they merely reproduce knowledge. http://www.habitsofmindinstitute.org/
- Mindset is a simple idea discovered by world-renowned Stanford University psychologist Carol Dweck who coined the term fixed- growth mindset. http://mindsetonline.com/index.html
- Positive Psychology Center, Martin Seligman, Karen Reivich & James Pawelski (University of Pennsylvania). http://www.ppc.sas.upenn.edu
- The Centre for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (Stanford University). http://ccare.stanford.edu/
- Wilderness is a member of the International Positive Psychology Association (IPPA). IPPA was founded in 2007 with a tri-part mission:
- To promote the science of positive psychology and its research-based applications.
- To facilitate collaboration among researchers, teachers, students, and practitioners of positive psychology around the world and across academic disciplines.
- To share the findings of positive psychology with the broadest possible audience.
You may like to explore the wellbeing websites listed below:
How our children are growing up fast and what we can do about it. 'Too Sexy Too Soon' session on Monday 31 August at 6pm with our guest speaker Melinda Tankard Reist.
We are off and racing to the Kentish, 23 Stanley Street, North Adelaide for the race that stops a nation. Fabulous sweep and raffle prizes.
In the aftermath of Raoul Silva's attack on MI6, a cryptic message sets in motion events that will see James Bond come face-to-face with the sinister organisation SPECTRE.