Wilderness School is a non‐denominational School for girls from Early Learning to Year 12 and boarding for students from Year 7 – 12. At Wilderness, we strive to enable each student to be the best that she can be. To realise this mission, our staff are expected to aspire to a similar level of personal and professional excellence.
Teaching staff at Wilderness are committed to the application of our Principles of Learning to ensure that each individual is supported in her quest to achieve her full potential. Our long tradition of high academic achievements means that we seek teachers who possess the qualities needed to maintain and extend that tradition.
As such, we seek teachers who:
- are experts in their field,
- possess a growth mindset,
- relentlessly pursue excellence in their teaching practice,
- work collaboratively to achieve shared outcomes,
- share responsibility for the pastoral care of the students they teach,
- are skilled communicators, and
- are committed to girls’ education.
Director of Rowing
Personal Assistant to the Head of Junior School
Teacher of Outdoor Education
Temporary Relief Teaching
Thank you for looking to Wilderness School for experience as a temporary relief teacher. We invite individuals dedicated and passionate about lifelong learning to submit an application.
When applying for TRT at Wilderness School – please email through the following documentation;
- Covering Letter addressed to the Head of Middle School – outlining your availability and areas you can cover
- Teachers Registration Certificate
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
When a position becomes available suited to your skills and abilities you will be contacted for an interview by the Relief Coordinator with the Head of Middle School.
Please email your application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org